Author Topic: When switching users, TeamViewer removes the desktop wallpaper  (Read 8706 times)

ThePimento

10.9.4, TeamViewer version 9.0.29200

If TeamViewer is running and I switch users, then I switch back, the desktop wallpaper ALWAYS disappears. It even disappears on the other user I'm switching to. If I quit TeamViewer, this doesn't happen. It's extremely annoying and frustrating.

Even though I've turned off the option to 'remove remote wallpaper' on every computer I use TeamViewer for, it never fails to remove the wallpaper randomly. Surely I'm not the only one to experience this.

matt

Re: When switching users, TeamViewer removes the desktop wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
I suspect that many of us want wallpaper removed, and so no doesn't affect us.

(removing wallpaper improves performance)

toddcole13

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »
That is not true.  It is frustrating that the wallpaper disappears.  It is annoying, I don't like having to re-add my wallpaper every time I use team viewer.  Most people enjoy having the wallpapers they have selected remain on the screen not always defaulting to blue.  This needs to be fixed.  I don't have performance issues and besides most of the time I am not  using team viewer I am actually sitting in front of my machine, yet every time I use team viewer I have to go put the desktop back (even after logging out of team viewer).  If it has to remove it (which that should be optional and respected) then at least put something back.

Danl

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 07:20:45 AM »
It's not an attribute of TeamViewer. It's an attribute of Mac OS "fast user switching". I see that frequently when I switch users on a machine I'm sitting in front of. Seems to happen at least in 10.8 and 10.6. It's well written up in the Mac user forums, and there is no obvious solution. I think if you log out and log back in with a password, you'll get your Desktop Background back.

anything