Author Topic: TeamViewer Lockup since OSX Lion Upgrade  (Read 17916 times)

ChrisZTech

TeamViewer Lockup since OSX Lion Upgrade
« on: July 25, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »
Has anyone else experienced any TeamViewer issues since their OSX Lion upgrade?

Now I am experiencing issue of locked up session or the session screen not showing when accessing my Mac Mini from PC using the latest versions of TeamViewer on both OSs.  Works fine if make connection IMMEDIATELY after starting both, but will lock up if left for a period of time or session window doesn't show at all if trying to connect after a period of time.  This was not the behavior in Snow Leopard.... everything worked great...back then. :(

TeamViewer

• TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
Re: TeamViewer Lockup since OSX Lion Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 12:04:50 AM »
Hello ChrisZTech,

new versions for Mac and Mac Host are now available on our website. Could you please update both sides and give us a short feedback on your issue?

Thanks
Ben
TeamViewer

ScubaFroggy

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
Similar issue for me. I have been using TeamViewer for month on my iMac so I can reach it through either my PC at work or my iPhone. I never experience a problem since > 1 year.
I just updated to OS X Lion and... TeamViewer doesn't work properly anymore. My iMac actually allows the connection but the desktop isn't displayed either on my PC or my iPhone.
I updated all my devices with the newest version and I still experience the same problem.
Please HELP!

Thanks!

TeamViewer

• TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:54:05 AM »
Hi,
do you have the current version 6.0.10370? We updated the Mac version and made it compatible for Mac Lion.
Is there still a problem, please send us email to support@teamviewer.com?
Regards
Inga, TeamViewer

wcandido

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 05:26:38 AM »
I'm having similar problems (both my Mac - Desk and Laptop) connecting from a PC, iphone, ipad internal and external networks...   I have been going back and forth with support BUT it seems the new version was NOT tested at all...   

After disabling the UDP now my desktop (on the mac side) shows up but it's black....  I think I'm close to say that could be the screen saver but NOT sure on that one... 

DANG IT, I like this product a LOT but it's becoming harder to support these bugs!!  :'(

wcandido

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »
After testing many many settings in TV, I figure that turning off the Energy Saver in Lion allows me to connect again...   

Fo Gigure !!   ;D

Hope this helps someone that was a s frustrated as I was!!

henkkel

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:15:50 AM »
Any news on this?

I just bought TeamViewer 7 for our company, and so far it is working fairly well. I do have strange/frequent "freezes" on Mac clients, sometimes the remote screen just stops responding, usually I can just use the "refresh" action to bring it back to life, but sometimes I will have to reconnect to get things working. Not a show stopper, but still annoying. Windows clients seem to work better.

Anyway, the bigger problem is energy saving. TeamViewer doesn't seem to know how to wake up Macs. If the remote Mac has gone "sleeping" (machine still on, but the display has gone to sleep). I will only get a black screen, or absolutely nothing. Is there any tip other than that disabling power savings? So far I have only tested this on Lion, but I'm not sure if this bug/problem affects older OSX versions. Anyway I don't want to leave my laptop screen on all the time.

Any tips?

Danl

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »
Actually, the only problem that I see is that I can't wake up the screen on a Lion (10.7.4). (Actually, I have not upgraded to TV7 yet from TV6 6.0.11002.) Just got a Lion machine, and I ran into this odd problem.

So when I try to connect, it appears to make the connection, but no remote screen is displayed. As soon as I wake up the screen on the remote (Lion) machine, poof, the remote screen appears on my local screen. It's not a matter of the remote Mac going to sleep (which always prevented connection on TeamViewer), but the *display* going to sleep.

I guess my workaround has to be to either set Display Sleep to "never", and perhaps turn the screen brightness way down on the remote screen.

This is hardly a fatal problem, but it's a bit annoying, and certainly not very elegant.

Danl

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »
Just a P.S. to my last post. Yes, manually dimming the Lion screen permits connection with TeamViewer. So you can manually turn the screen brightness off entirely, and be able to connect to it with TV. You just can't have the screen (or the machine) sleep automatically.

So if I'm away from home for a while, and want to connect to my home (Lion) screen while I'm away, I'd set "Computer Sleep" and "Display Sleep" to "Never", and just dim the screen all the way off manually before I depart.

anything