Author Topic: TeamViewer Rant  (Read 7273 times)

David_Feynman

TeamViewer Rant
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »
I will be posting some of the questions I have in this great forum later but had to start with this just in case any team viewer reps visit here.

1. The product itself is AWESOME, without peer.

2. How idiotic is this company that they are a software company and it's 2013 and they don't have a freaking user forum?  Don't they understand that users don't want to go back and forth with their pathetic support that sometimes takes days or weeks to get responses?  Or that I don't want to "call them"?!  It is awesome someone here has created a third party forum, but ridiculous that you have to.

3. I have been seriously interested in purchasing this product for well over a year now but give up because I can't get answers to the questions I have.  I don't want to email back and forth and the documentation is sub-standard.

4. They offer a 7-day refund policy.  If you are going to offer a refund policy don't offer a fake one, give someone 30 days so they have time to test the product.   I am mainly interested in the enterprise product with the online user management so I would like to have 30 days to test it.  Sure, I suppose I can set up another trial account which gives 15 days of the online console, the last time I did that I tested it on day one, had some questions and emailed them and my trial was expired by the time they finally responded with the excuse that my inquiries took place "around the holidays".

5. I can't even imagine how much business they are losing with their ridiculous policies.  On the one hand they basically allow millions of users to get away with using it for free when it is actually being used for commercial purposes.  But on the other hand they let people like me who would be happy to pay for it slip away because they don't have user forums, have substandard documentation, slow support, a poor return policy etc.  All of these things I could forgive if they just had an active support forum where I could ask questions.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:12:20 PM by David_Feynman »

matt

Re: TeamViewer Rant
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
G'day David,

I have a purchased licence.
The invoice is not actually processed until after the seven days, so it is not really a refund, but a trial. They sent an email stating that the 7 days was nearly up and asked did I wish to continue with purchase.
Much nicer than a refund period.

The free product is certainly good enough to evaluate what it is that you are paying for when you purchase.

I agree that they should have their own forum.

David_Feynman

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:47:10 AM »
Thanks Matt, I'm about to post a question in another forum which hopefully you can help with.

johnbarley

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 05:54:06 PM »
Thanks Matt, I'm about to post a question in another forum which hopefully you can help with.

Which other forum?

matt

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »
it was this forum, another board