Author Topic: Mac: Teamviewer want to make changes. Type your password to allow this.  (Read 13210 times)

PReinie

New user within the last week, primarily Mac controlling PCs.

Teamviewer starts as a "service" when I boot up my Mac, OSX 10.7.3 (Lion), and I'm running TV 7 installed in the last week (early April 2012).

After connecting to a remote computer, when I'm done I usually click the red (colored) close-window button in the connection's TV windowinstead of just dismissing the current connection with the X. (Mac apps normally don't quit when you click the red close button. You have to tell them to quit. TViewer does quit.)

To re-connect to a remote unit I have to restart TV and it pops up a window saying "Teamviewer want to make changes. Type your password to allow this." and my account name and a password box is below that. I enter the password and all is fine.

Why does it always ask this?
What changes does it think it's making?
*** Can I make it stop asking? *** (There is no option to always remember this decision.)

Phil

jimmol

You are not alone.

I too am having the same problem. I wonder what TV 7 is trying to change. Half the time the connection window is missing. Oh well, for the price....

ifugu

Re: Mac: Teamviewer want to make changes. Type your password to allow this.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
I've been having the exact same experience. After upgrading to Mountain Lion, I'd say it's gotten a little worse.

Problems:

1)  If TV has been dormant for a few hours/days, then I have a 50/50 chance of it connecting properly to a remote Win7 PC. If it fails, then I usually have to force quit TV using OSX's Activity Monitor in order to retry the connection successfully. This reliability issue seems to have gotten a little worse since upgrading to Mountain Lion.

2)  When I launch TV again, I get the "TeamViewer wants to make changes..." prompt for a password.  Ugh.  So sick of passwords.

3)  Lastly,  I have to leave the TV window + TV "Computers & Contacts" window open in order for my Mac to be seen and available to control remotely on my partner PCs.  Maybe I have something misconfigured, but it's not obvious to me.

Despite these problems, I'm still a huge fan and love TeamViewer on Windows and my iOS devices.

Ralphonse

Re: Mac: Teamviewer want to make changes. Type your password to allow this.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 07:47:36 AM »
the same symptoms here with tv 8.0.16901 on Mountain Lion (10.8.2).

works most of the times