Author Topic: teamviewer start up  (Read 4131 times)

jhovanna06

teamviewer start up
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:31:42 PM »
hi,
i am new to mac and team viewer... i downded team viewer so i can connect to another computer from this computer...
i finished downloaded the file.. and don't know what to do next.
this is the screen i see.. can anyone help.

this is what i got from screen:
your id
password

what should i do next to turn it on?

thanks
j
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:34:32 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
Re: teamviewer start up
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:36:59 AM »
First don't ever post your Id and Password( i edited them out)
Second, dont reply redundantly with the same post to 5 different threads or create a new thread saying the same thing( i deleted the others)
Since you ignored my post in the other thread( which i have now deleted) im giving you this warning...do not post this again in a separate thread, if you do i will ban you from the forum

You realize that by posting that information, anyone with teamviewer installed can use it to access your system?
that said..
I almost SUSPECT this is some kind of ploy...posting your ID and Password, hoping someone will use that information to log into your system, for what purpose i don't know.
SO, that said..if anyone happened to grab that ID and password prior to my Edit...enter at your own risk.

Other than that, if you want to know "what to do next" my question to you is this:
 Why did you happen to install teamviewer if you don't know what it is for?  If you do know, then be more specific in your questions, what do you WANT to do?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:42:20 AM by Admin »

matt

Re: teamviewer start up
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:59:12 PM »
I almost SUSPECT this is some kind of ploy...posting your ID and Password, hoping someone will use that information to log into your system, for what purpose i don't know.
I agree. Utterly bizarre.

My only guess is that this is some way of sharing some information illegally and anonymously...The kind of information or images that aren't legal, and the OP just wants to share what they have, with anyone who will look.

I'd vote just to ban them, and possibly report them to the authorities...

(I'm only half joking)

anything