Author Topic: Logging onto a remote computer after a reboot  (Read 49819 times)

rokonn

Logging onto a remote computer after a reboot
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:52:43 PM »
I have TeamViewer 5 host installed on 4 of my family's PCs and they are thrilled.  I try to access their PCs when they are not using them but if the PCs are in sleep mode or hibernation mode I can't access them.  Also I would like to know if there is a way to setup their PCs so that when I have to reboot them I can log back on with the appropriate password.

CaptainStarwars

Re: Logging onto a remote computer after a reboot
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
i agree, i use an iPad and the Teamviewer is amazingly easy and good on a iPad, but if i reboot my Mac at home and don't log on via the iPad before i leave home, then i don't have my Teamviewer user number and password, So i am not able to log on.

I would have hoped a permanent log in ID could be available

ERS

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
I use windows, but i imagine MAC has the same options:
On each machine that you have Teamviewer installed:
From the main TeamViewer window select Extras/Options
In that window make sure that "Start Teamviewer with...( either MAC or Windows)" is check-marked.

Now click on "Security" in the left window, you will then see and area on the right side where you can enter a password and confirm it.
Use one you will remember.( i use the same one for all remote machines, but it is very long and very random)

Reboot
Now TeamViewer will be running on that machine all the time.

The key here is setting up YOUR machine, the one you will use to access the others FROM:

Start TeamViewer on that machine, If the "Partner List" is not showing (second smaller box to the right of the main TeamViewer Screen)
Click on the small box in the lower right.

Click "Sign-up" to create and account.

Once you have signed up use that account to log in.

From there click on the little person icon with the + mark
select "TeamViewer ID"
Enter the Team Viewer ID from one of the machine you want to access
Enter an identifying Alias ( Moms Desktop )
Enter the password you created on the machine when you set it to "start TeamViewer with..."

Click "ok"

Repeat for each machine you want to access.

You will now be able to log in to your partner list, everyone who is online will appear, and all you do is double click and TeamViewer will initiate the connection, not ID or passwords needed as that is stored within your account.

Remember when you want to reboot the remote machine, do it from the TeamViewer toolbar on the top of the screen IN the  Remote machines window...
Actions/Remote Re-Boot/ Re-boot
You will see a confirmation/warning that the remote machine will reboot in 10 seconds, you can just let it time out or click ok to do it immediately.

If you issue is that that remote machine is connected but goes into hibernation and prevents the connection, change the settings on the remote machine to prevent hibernation....

Does that help at all?

prsource

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 05:59:12 PM »
Does anyone know how to log onto a Ubuntu computer after reboot ie, before login?

fredthomke

• PC Guru and Musician
    • PC Help Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:08:34 PM »
[bump]
I, too, would like to know how to set this up in Ubuntu as well.

prsource

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 07:40:38 AM »
I just provided a response from the TeamViewer people regarding startup before login in Linux:
  http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1186.0

anything