Author Topic: monitoring several computers  (Read 6582 times)

guidovanh

monitoring several computers
« on: November 27, 2010, 03:49:18 AM »
I want to monitor several computers on which I had set up permanent access.
Each computer is now known with its TeamViewer ID. Is it possible to add a name (e.g. "notebook Guido") to the TeamViewer ID, so I can see which TeamViewer ID belongs to which computer?

Darkwing

• Night Owl Remote
Re: monitoring several computers
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 10:23:28 AM »
Are you a registered user or just using the program for free without registering? (There is no charge to register but it allows you to name all the computers under your control)

fredthomke

• PC Guru and Musician
    • PC Help Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »
Actually, you CAN name each computer with a more friendly name when you add it to your Partner list.  It will allow you to do this with the free as well as the premium version.  For example, I have a partner list with some 15 computers, all labeled "Aunt Minnie's Laptop" or "Billy's Desktop" or "Susie's XP Tower" and so on.  I usually add some sort of hint to the end of the label as to the password.  If the password is "password12" for Billy's Desktop I would label it "Billy's Desktop, pxxxxxxx12".  I've found this to be a big help remembering passwords.  Also, you have the option of INCLUDING the password when you create the partner listing, so you don't even have to type it later when connecting -- just double-click their label and BAM! -- you're in!

- - fred

Darkwing

• Night Owl Remote
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:40:54 AM »
If you buy the premium or corporate editions you also get the use of the TeamViewer Manager. It allows you to name and organize all your contacts into various folders and subfolders.

fredthomke

• PC Guru and Musician
    • PC Help Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:10:30 PM »
And the free version also allows you to create/organize in different folders, just like the Premium version.  For example, I created two folders -- one called "Friends" and one called "Family" for the those computers I regularly help.

- - fred