Author Topic: Cannot Sign In When Wi-Fi Requires Manual Authentication  (Read 3755 times)

AzzChappin

Cannot Sign In When Wi-Fi Requires Manual Authentication
« on: March 23, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »
I'm running TV 11 on Netrunner 17. I have it set to auto-start with the system.
The wifi in my office requires signing-in on a web page before I'm able to get out to the internet, so obviously TV will not sign-in until I sign into the wifi.
However, even after signing into the wifi, TV does not detect the internet connection, and "Only LAN connections are possible." Restarting the daemon does not fix the issue, whether i use the restart command, or if I kill the task and start it.

Rebooting does not always fix the issue, either. So far, the only thing that seems to work is to log out of my local session after signing into the wifi and sign back in. Is there a fix to this? I don't have the problem with saved wifi networks that don't require additional authentication.

Thanks

matt

Re: Cannot Sign In When Wi-Fi Requires Manual Authentication
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 12:25:56 AM »
It is probably your workplace that has limited teamviewer access

AzzChappin

Re: Cannot Sign In When Wi-Fi Requires Manual Authentication
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:24:21 AM »
I'm not aware of any restriction. This is the "public" wifi, not the "corporate only" wifi. If there were some sort of restriction, I'd expect to encounter it all the time. A logoff/reboot wouldn't let me sneak past protocol or port restrictions on the firewall.

I've noticed I occasionally have the same issue on my home wifi, even though I have no manual authentication requirement, nor service restrictions. It doesn't usually happen, just once in a while.

Further, I've noticed that if I get Teamviewer signed-in (at home for example), then suspend or hibernate my laptop, take it to work, connect to the public wifi and authenticate, Teamviewer will reestablish the sign in. Dropping and even switching the network connection doesn't cause the problem. It only happens on the initial startup of Teamviewer.

Can anyone attempt to duplicate the issue, please?

- Run K/Ubuntu or a derivative.
- Have Teamviewer set to start with the system
- Have Teamviewer start before a network connection is made (if doing this with home wifi, clear it out of your saved networks so it won't autoconnect on restart).

It's not a major issue, as I have a workaround, but it gets really annoying sometimes. It can take a couple attempts before the wifi reconnects faster than TV attempts to auto sign in.

Thank you.