Author Topic: MAC to PC funtion keys  (Read 9911 times)

rmorris

MAC to PC funtion keys
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:58:10 AM »
My PC has remote acces to an IBM AS400. The AS400 applications uses the function keys at the top of the keyboard. When I'm on the MAC with remote access to the PC the funtion keys do not work on my MAC keyboard.

PReinie

Re: MAC to PC funtion keys
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
Are the function keys not doing what you expect them to do locally, or remotely?

As a work-around, Windoze computers have an on-screen keyboard in Programs->Accessibility (or something like that).

Not sure about an AS400 app for that.

Phil

(I'm a new user in the last week, so I'm just guessing. Mac controlling PCs is my main use.)

PReinie

Re: MAC to PC funtion keys
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
Oh yeah, if you want the functions keys to perform actions on your Mac, minimize the TeamViewer window to the dock or click outside of the Teamviewer window (so it's no longer active) and you should be OK with local function keys. (Haven't tried as I never use the Fn keys on my Mac to control the Mac, I only use the "normal" action like dim/brighten screen, volume up/down/mute, etc.).

I just tried Fn-F1 on the Teamview window for a PC and got the Help and Support Center window on the remote unit, so I guess mine is working to send function keys to the remote (controll-ed) unit.

Phil

anything