Author Topic: Did OS X 10.9 Break Wake on Lan ?  (Read 7818 times)

Drekko

Did OS X 10.9 Break Wake on Lan ?
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »
Hey guys

Im trying to configure WOL for my iMac (mid 2010 core i3 model) desktop which is running OS X 10.9

I followed all the steps online (teamviewer) to configure it but couldnt get it working but got it working on my windows desktop

I did a quick search and have found reports from others that their WOL is no longer working either since mavericks update: https://discussions.apple.com/message/23563256#23563256

Anyone else use WOL and found this issue to with 10.9 ?

brett05

Re: Did OS X 10.9 Break Wake on Lan ?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 11:22:31 PM »
I cannot get my Mac to WOL either since upgrading to 10.9. I've followed all the steps that Teamviewer recommends taking but my Mac shows as offline in the computer list once it's screen has gone to sleep.

I'd love to know the reason why???

Cheers, Brett

johirsh

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 10:03:32 AM »
I am a me too sort of..    I have two macs running 10.9.3 that won't wake after they go to sleep..

in fact they fall off the available computers on my account so I don't really ever touch then
I have a third  ,a mac pro, that happily wakes up... the only difference is that the one that stays available has a screen lock and I didn't set the hard drive to sleep....   I do have the computer sleep  and the screen but but not the hard drive

maybe its not really sleeping but hey i can get to it

brett05

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
I got this working now. In 'Energy Saver' under 'System Preferences', I've got the first 4 items all ticked and Teamviewer is able to wake the computer now. The one change I made was that I never had "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" ticked. Ticking this seemed to fix things.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers, Brett