Author Topic: Remote file deleted when transfer aborted  (Read 4323 times)

ts4tomh

Remote file deleted when transfer aborted
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:25:58 PM »
Brand new to TeamViewer.

I connected to my laptop Win XP Home (remote) from my Desktop Win 8 (local), and first tried to drag a file from remote to local: error "not in a public folder" or some such.  I had other things to do, so I left it sitting for an hour. When I came back, I noticed the Send and Receive buttons, so I selected the file on the remote, and clicked to transfer it. A progress window appeared, by no progress after several minutes. So, I aborted the transfer.

The selected file on my laptop was... gone. Didn't show up in Recycle Bin, not renamed. Just... gone.

What happened?

ts4tomh

Re: Remote file deleted when transfer aborted
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:48:19 PM »
Well, this is most curious. I found the file, one folder UP from where it was when I selected it. When I started the process, it was with its previous versions, in ~\Desktop\Text Converter. After I aborted the transfer, it was gone from that folder. My desktop is cluttered with works in progress when traveling, so I did not notice. However, once I removed the drive from the laptop and searched for deleted files, I noticed there was no entry for it, which I surmised was because it was moved instead of deleted. Bingo. A search of the drive found the instance in ~\Desktop, with the right date/time stamp.

Most curious behavior, but I was sitting right in front of both machines, so I know it was not from intervention by another actor.

Comments, anyone?

anything