Author Topic: Difficulty Connecting In Different Countries  (Read 5010 times)

swrevo

Difficulty Connecting In Different Countries
« on: December 28, 2015, 04:12:46 AM »
Hi all, first post, so any help very much appreciated. I am currently on my first real holiday in five years and installed TeamViewer so I can access my desktop with my laptop.

Remote access worked perfectly the first few times (while I was in Singapore and also during a layover in Frankfurt), but now that I'm in Latvia I keep getting an error message — "No connection to partner! Partner did not connect to router. Error Code: WaitforConnectFailed".

I got someone to go over to my desktop and everything is working fine on that end; it's connected to the internet and receives requests when I try to connect through my laptop. The error message it displays is "Protocol Negotiation Failed".

I'm thinking it may be something to do with my internet connection here (as there was no problem previously, both in Singapore and in Frankfurt). Any suggestions?

matt

Re: Difficulty Connecting In Different Countries
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 05:27:26 PM »
could even be the LOCAL part of the internet connection, eg if you are using a hotel's network, the hotel may block some traffic including Teamviewer. Can you try alternate methods of connecting to the internet at your end??

swrevo

Re: Difficulty Connecting In Different Countries
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 12:29:34 AM »
could even be the LOCAL part of the internet connection, eg if you are using a hotel's network, the hotel may block some traffic including Teamviewer. Can you try alternate methods of connecting to the internet at your end??

Thanks Matt! I'm moving to a different location tomorrow so will see if that makes a difference. In the meantime, any other possibilities that I might be able to play around with? Just want to cover as many bases as possible at once. If I ask the network administrator at my current location for details of the internet connection, is there something to look out for that I could identify as the obstacle? Thanks again!

anything