Author Topic: Beware of the Top Left Hand Hot Corners on MAC  (Read 3952 times)

karisabas

Beware of the Top Left Hand Hot Corners on MAC
« on: June 16, 2016, 01:26:58 AM »
I could always connect to my Mac. but then the Mac screen would go black and the device i am connecting from would go white and i wouldn't be able to see a thing making teamviewer useless. after messing around i found the solution for me and i hope it helps others. On my mac i set a "hot corner" in the top left hand corner of my screen to put the screen asleep. so basically if i move my mouse to the top left corner, the screen of my mac goes off, and i have to click a keyboard or mouse mouse button to wake it. Herein lies the problem. When teamviewer connects, it puts the cursor in the top left hand corner by default, which would in turn off screen and not allowing me to control the computer. so change it to another corner if you have this problem

spilly

Re: Beware of the Top Left Hand Hot Corners on MAC
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:27:07 AM »
I'm VERY PLEASED you posted details of this gotcha so it shows up as a recent post.
I'm an old hand on Windows, but a real newbie on macs and I'm sure I would have dropped into this hole
I've joined this forum to learn about TV on iOS devices

I'm trying to help a very naive iOS user with a mac AND an ipad AND an iphone

You'd have thought such a user might be fairly savvy with all those devices, but she's not!
and I'm just hoping to save myself hours of driving over to help.
So helpful to post a gem like this.  Thank you!