Author Topic: TeamViewer connects but remote screen never appears  (Read 4108 times)

MacDev

TeamViewer connects but remote screen never appears
« on: July 25, 2016, 07:02:54 PM »
Known working install of TeamViewer is not connecting to partners computer.
I put in the ID. I put in the password. Off it goes to try and connect. Log entries indicate it did connect but the remote screen never appears. What should I be checking or trying?

Danl

Re: TeamViewer connects but remote screen never appears
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »
Not sure what log entries you're interpreting as meaning it did connect. During the connection process, you should see, on the screen, "Connecting ..." and then "Authenticating... " followed by the remote screen being displayed. Do you see those?

MacDev

Re: TeamViewer connects but remote screen never appears
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »
Not sure what log entries you're interpreting as meaning it did connect. During the connection process, you should see, on the screen, "Connecting ..." and then "Authenticating... " followed by the remote screen being displayed. Do you see those?

I saw "connecting". Not sure if I saw "Authenticating". However my buddy on the other end said they saw the little box that usually pops up after connection has completed. I do not get their desktop on my end though. I also checked the connection log which had no new entries but the transaction log did. So it was authenticating and authentication was successful. I am not sure if the entries were referring to the end point connection or mid point TV servers.

anything