Author Topic: Can't restart/reconnect to PC  (Read 8506 times)

nymeny

Can't restart/reconnect to PC
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:25:06 AM »
Hi everybody,
I need some help to understand why after rebooting of my PC (from Android), I can't connect it anymore.
As I observed , PC stop and wait for user/pass info.
At this point Android can't connect, in order to start the session
I have to mention that "Restart after power failure" function is activated on PC, but it stop at the same point.
It doesn't matter if is an Android side restart, a PC side restart or an after power failure restart.
Can anyone help me workaround this issue?
Thanks for any ideea.

P.S. Forgot to mention PC have XP installed
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:39:15 AM by nymeny »

ERS

Re: Can't restart/reconnect to PC
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
Check to make sure that
"Start Teamviewer with Windows" is checked.

Double click the teamviewer icon on the PC, in the windows that appears near the top left click "extras", then "options

nymeny

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:37:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, the option is checked right from the begining, but the behaviour is like it wouldn't.
I also checked/uncheched several times, but it doesn't changed anything.
I supose that TV doesn't load the connection module, on PC, before logon screen, so it could not give me the chance to input the user/pass data, in order to continue system start process.And this is weird.
After a power failure occured to my PC location, when i was on the road, it restarted, but hanged up into the  winlogon window waiting for user/pass input, up to the moment i've came back.In the mean time, i couldn't connect to it whatsoever.
This is normal behaviour for TV, or is just an unfortunate case of mine?
Thanks for your support.

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 05:48:32 AM »
I can normally connect to PCs with the 'enter username and password' logon shown on the remote computer.

Check the TV service on teh remote computer and set it to restart if it fails to start, and again , and again

nymeny

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:00:43 AM »
Well, matt, after 5 attempts, still doesn't work.
Also checked firewall and antivirus.Nothing odd, in my opinion at least, All TV's .exe are in list of trusted files.Anyway, no warning so far.
I still gues that is the boot sequence, and TV's service doesn't load before winlogon, in order to establish the connection.
Does anyone know where ca i see this boot sequence on XP, please?

nymeny

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 01:33:39 AM »
Finally, I guess I found "the medicine".
His name is "a little more patience".
Looking back, I realize that I was trying to connect as soon as the winlogon window apear on screen and pehaps the 3G network delay combined with eventual TV service loading delay, get me that "no connection established" message over and over again, during the first minute.
Now I have rebooted several times, with more patience, and all seems to work fine.
I'd like to thanks one again for your support.

All the best!

anything