Author Topic: Installing Host for QS  (Read 10167 times)

ProBook

Installing Host for QS
« on: September 15, 2013, 06:40:28 PM »
Hi,

Just wondering if it is somehow possible to install the HOST of TeamViewer while connected from QS. I know you can install the Full Version but would prefer not to.

This is for remote users we support who work in remote locations and are not easily accessed by our Internal networks.

Thanks,

matt

Re: Installing Host for QS
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »
... while connected from QS.
Can you please elaborate on what you mean

ProBook

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »
Sorry I will be more clear.

We have just switched to TeamViewer and would like to install the Host on regional computers.

The only way we have to connect to them is by Quick Support. You can't manually TeamViewer Host with QuickSupport but can install the Full Version as far as I know.

Is there anyway to install the Host while being connected by Quick Support ?

Our users do not have administration privileges to install applications themselves.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
While waiting for a response, please use the link in my signature to send a support request to Teamviewer.
They may be able to resolve your issue and if they do, please post back the solution.

matt

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 11:40:24 PM »
I have created a custom 'host' installer that I save to my website.

I think that you can Quick Support to the remote machine and then download and install the host version.
To install the host version though, a) the Quick Support will need to close, and b) someone at the remote end will need to click through the installer options, including set a password.

I think that the corporate version comes with a MSI installer that can be rolled out via GPO >> http://www.teamviewer.com/en/licensing/index.aspx

ProBook

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 11:55:18 PM »
Thanks for the response but that doesn't really help.

For one our users to do not Admin access and we prefer not to supply this.

Secondly being remote users they do not pull down Group Policies on a regular basis if ever.

GeoDigits

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 11:29:26 AM »
Has this functionality been improved upon? I just switched over from several years of using LogMeIn, and I used to be able to use the free version of TeamViewer to remotely install the LogMeIn client (there is only one version of LogMeIn client).

With TeamViewer, it appears that I must either live with the fact that they will be using QuickSupport forever or physically go to their machine to install the full software package - I cannot be actively using a QS session and install the full remote control software.

True? Thanks, sorry if I should have started a new thread - it's just that this is precisely the question I want an answer to!