Author Topic: Lan Wake Up/Turn On  (Read 15715 times)

Private:Will

Lan Wake Up/Turn On
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:34:27 PM »
So I was wondering if there was a way for a computer to turned on from lan(or wifi) this would probably require specific cards. It's just I don't always have the ability to leave my computer on all day... so is there a way to add this to TeamViewer... Thx  :)

matt

jmbrush

Re: Lan Wake Up/Turn On
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/401-How-does-Wake-on-LAN-with-TeamViewer-work.aspx

Hi folks, I have to piggy back onto this message because heck if I can find the method to start a new thread. I want to start a new topic in the windows section, ironically, about wake up on lan, but between me, my daughter and my neighbor there is no apparent way to start a new thread.. I am sorry this is not in the right place, bu reply seems an easy way to post this cry for help :-)

If you can help, I will not be offfended if you talk to me like I am a child because none of us can find what we assume is a button or  link that would be something like, " start new topic" or " enter new thread"

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you John

mteq

Re: Lan Wake Up/Turn On
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »
I have recently dumped LogMein because they are a bunch of Lying thieves (that's another story), Their WOL (Wake on Lan) when it did work used to work well without any modifications to the Router. I use a Netgear DGN1000 and I could wake up any PC from Power off without any changes in the Router. I use Dynamic DNS accounts because we can't get static IP addresses but it worked fine. I think a lot of Logmein Clients have moved to Teamviewer who seem an honest Bunch (Compared to Logmein, anyone is honest) but can't get WOL to work. Can you suggest how they got it to work but Teamviewer isn't? Not a criticism just would like it to work. I need to wake up PC's and work on them remotely from home and am struggling. If I use Windows Remote desktop and log into the server I can wake each PC up with a utility called wakeonlanGui but it's a pain because I have to cut and paste each MAC address and IP Address that I want to wake up. This does prove that the PC's WOL is working but only from the Server inside the network.

I have ticked Public Address on each machine on the remote network and am using xxxx.dydns.info and port 7 or 9 (tried both) but it doesn't work when I send a WOL message from my Home PC. Dynanic DNS client and Dynamic DNS is working on the router as I can log into the router remotely as well.

Thanks in anticipation if anyone has got Teamviewer WOL working on a Netgear DGN1000/2000/3500 or similar.

anything