Author Topic: Sending command and other special keys from mac to mac  (Read 14092 times)

abulka22

Sending command and other special keys from mac to mac
« on: July 09, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
When I hit command+TAB or any other key combination on my mac, the mac I'm logged into doesn't get the keys, my local mac does.  Makes TeamViewer unusable.  Can't switch between windows, can't run spotlight etc.

In my Actions menu the "Send key combinations" is permanently ticked and dimmed.

I am on mountain lion.  The remote machine is lion.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Sending command and other special keys from mac to mac
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 04:08:13 AM »
The best thing to do is submit a trouble ticket while you wait for a response from the community, please post back with any response form tech support:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/createticket.aspx
choose "private" category then "next", then fill out the form and submit.
In the mean time a community member may answer, but please post back any response you get from support.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:32:16 AM by admin »

Sparqee

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »
Did you ever resolve this?  I'm having the same issue using a Snow Leopard system to control a Mountain Lion system.  Command key combinations run on my local system rather than being sent to the remote Mac.

mills

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:50:33 AM »
I had the same problem and submitted a support ticket to TeamViewer. Apparently, you cannot send certain Mac to Mac commands via Teamviewer, the OS intercepts them. They said my request would be sent to their Product team and added to a backlog, where it may or may not be worked on. So, if you're interested in having this be a feature, let them know. Before Logmein killed their free service, I used Mac to Mac commands all the time and miss this capability.

Here's their actual response:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. System key commands like CMD+TAB cannot currently be sent from one Mac to another Mac over TeamViewer. This is because the Mac operating system catches these special key combinations before TeamViewer has a chance to detect them.

However, I have forwarded this to our Product Management as a feature request. We always welcome suggestions and requests, although we can't promise if or when this feature might be implemented. Nevertheless, your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer based on our users' needs and demands.

If you have any further questions about TeamViewer, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Jeremy
Support Technician

dskok

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:37 AM »
I have exactly the same problem, and I agree it makes TeamViewer unusable on the Mac. For example, I have Lightroom in full screen mode on the remote machine, and usually use Command Tab to switch between open applications. But this key combination doesn't get through, and it is not possible to get out of Lightroom to another application. This makes no sense. At a minimum, please give us the ability to send those key combinations via a Button in the UI.

But I have seen other applications catch those key combinations, so I don't believe the excuse given by the tech support person above.

WhiskyNight

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 11:41:32 AM »
I had (have) the same problem. As a workaround, I set the keyboard shortcut for spotlight as Option+Space Bar instead of the default Command+Space Bar. From the client computer, I can then trigger spotlight and type the app that I want to switch between and am able to switch between apps this way. It kind of sucks, but as a work-around it works great!

anything