Author Topic: Turn off "remote computer is using an outdated TeamViewer version" message  (Read 8106 times)

libove

Every time I connect to any of my TeamViewer v9 (final release) computers, my TeamViewer (v9, as that's the version I'm licensed for) client tells me "The remote computer is using an outdated TeamViewer version".
How do I disable this message?
(Please don't tell me to buy the $1000 upgrade... I mean, how to configure my TeamViewer v9 Windows client to just Not Tell Me About It).
thanks,

Danl

Re: Turn off "remote computer is using an outdated TeamViewer version" message
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 05:43:39 PM »
I'm using v9 on about eight computers, and I've *never* seen that message. Are you sure you're using the same version on all of your machines?

libove

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 09:06:58 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding, Danl,
Yes, both ends are running the same version, the last v9 released by TeamViewer, v9.0.41110.

The message appears as a tool tip on the TeamViewer in-remote-window top horizontal bar, hanging at the right end just where the bar's minimize button is located.
The tooltip disappears if you (carefully) click the minimize button (to avoid clicking the 'update' notice itself!), or after a while if you ignore it.

sgbotsford

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 04:55:10 PM »
I haven't run into this yet, but as the family support tech, I'm setting up TV on all my family member's computers.  Since some are long in the tooth (Windows XP, Mac Snow Leopard) this is going to be an interesting challenge.

OTOH I won't be connecting to them on a frequent basis, so I can live with it. 

In general a better way to deal with this would be to show it on the connection screen as you are making the connection.

anything