Author Topic: Disable/stop main TeamViewer window from auto-opening?  (Read 11275 times)

theboyk

Disable/stop main TeamViewer window from auto-opening?
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »
I use TeamViewer on my Mac to connect to a couple of my computers at home, as well as my parent's computer for remote support. I usually have TeamViewer running throughout the day, while at work, to connect to these computers, via the Computers & Contacts window (via my account, which all required computers are connected to). I never use the main TeamViewer window (as everything I connect to is listed under the "Computers & Contacts" window), so I'm hoping there's a way to disable/stop the main TeamViewer window from constantly opening whenever I launch the program? I know I can just "hide" the window, but doing this many times a day is a little annoying (and especially so because the Computers & Contacts window is "linked" to the main TeamViewer window, so I need to "unlink" the two windows before I can hide the main TeamViewer window—otherwise, I also hide the window I actually need).

On top of that, the main TeamViewer windows also displays, in clear text, my TeamViewer connect password.

I've searched through the preferences, etc., but have been unable to find a way to disable/stop this window from constantly opening whenever I launch the app.

Thanks,
Kristin.

matt

Re: Disable/stop main TeamViewer window from auto-opening?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:05:02 PM »
The password shown is the current random one. If you choose a new random password each time TV starts, it matter that anyone sees this password.
Your saved password will continue to work.

... (via my account, which all required computers are connected to).
All computers DON'T need to be connected to your account for the computers and contacts to work.

However, I don't know that you can 'hide' the main TV window automatically. I just minimise it.

theboyk

Re: Disable/stop main TeamViewer window from auto-opening?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:41:25 AM »
The password shown is the current random one. If you choose a new random password each time TV starts, it matter that anyone sees this password.
Your saved password will continue to work.

Yes, this is understood, but the fact that the password (even if it's different each time I restart the application) is constantly displayed on screen, isn't good. And if I could just hide the window and leave it hidden throughout a single application session, that'd be fine, but the window constantly re-appears on screen numerous times throughout a single application session (for example, every time I close a remote session).

All computers DON'T need to be connected to your account for the computers and contacts to work.

Yes, sorry. I think I (for simplicity sake) worded that incorrectly. What I meant was, all of my computers that I remote into are "connected to my account" in terms of them just being added as "partners", not actually linked via my TV account itself. What I was getting at, though, was that the main TV window is never used (as I only connect to computers listed in the Computers & Contacts window).

Thanks,
Kristin.