Author Topic: Teamviewer says "Connected to partner" then "ready to connect", wont connect  (Read 152624 times)

sfetaz

I have teamviewer 7 full version on my home PC.  Sometimes when trying to connect to it, teamviewer will go from "Connecting" to "Connected to partner" but not connect.  Then a few seconds later team viewer says "Ready to connect" again without ever connecting to the remote PC.  I am currently on the west coast and the PC is on the east coast so I have no way to reboot it.  This last time I was connected, trying to allow remote desktop connections.  It said I needed to turn on windows firewall first.  When I did this I lost connection and now having this problem, but this problem has occured in the past regardless of windows firewall setting.  Do I have any recourse??

ERS

Is there anyone at the remote location you can call to reboot the computer?

sfetaz

I live alone so no,  is there anyway to send reboot command over the internet?

matt

You can force reboot with teamviewer, but only if you can connect

Try connecting again and again.
I have some that don't connect for ages, and then just do. I can't explain it, and it is the one serious frustration that I have with Teamviewer.
It seems to happen to the same remote machines. Most behave as I expect.

crawlingcreeper

I am having the same problem from the Android App. I rebooted the remote machine, but the problem persists.

crawlingcreeper

I found sometime to troubleshoot this issue a bit more ... at the moment, I use the Android app to connect to 2 installations of TeamViewer - both running on Windows 7. I manage to connect to one installation without any issues. However I am still having issues with the second machine. On the Android app, I keep getting the issue described in this thread. When I try to connect, the app shows Connected to Partner, then ready to connect.

As a test, I connected to the installation of a friend of mine without any issues too.

So I un-installed teamviewer and re-installed it on the problematic machine. This did not help. From the Extras menu, I noticed that I could check out some log files. I did that and noticed the following when I am trying to connect:

Code: [Select]
2012/02/29 07:52:29.726  3212  1076 S0   CT49 CT.Run
2012/02/29 07:52:29.726  3212  1076 S0   CT49 TM.TM_TV
2012/02/29 07:52:35.764  3212  4428 S0!!!CRASH: Saved dump file to 'C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version7\DesktopHang_7_0_12799_20120229T075235.mdmp'

This seems to indicate that a teamviewer process is crashing. I will try to troubleshoot further later on today, but maybe someone has already encountered a similar issue.

Thanks

sfetaz

I am travelling again and had this problem yesterday.  So i convinced my landlord to go into my apartment and reboot my pc.  Worked fine all day, now happened again.  Same problem with VNC, says connected to my pc, then says closed without connecting.  I worry I am gonna have to ask my landlord to reboot for me everyday till I get back.  Is there any way to force a reboot over the internet, like some kind of app i can install on the remote pc or some kind of internet command that initiates a reboot?  please help!

Edit - Now in my teamviewer partner list my remote pc is shown as offline, although i can connect to my router remotely.  VNC doesn't even show as connected, just trying to connect then closed.  RDP hasn't worked for me since my last format of PC.  Could there be a hardware issue on my PC?

Edit 2 - I logged into my router remotely and looked at the DHCP client table.  My remote pc is not listed.  Somehow my remote pc is losing its connection to my router while I am remotely connected to it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:12:46 AM by sfetaz »

sewru

Hello Everyone,

I have the same issue. Before TV was running normally after installation. I can make connections to other pc's. But nobody can connect to me. It shows ready to connect, but no authorization is popping up from the other side if i want to make a connection. Digging through the log files. I see an errorcode 183 and the message that the local network connection is aborted.

Does anyone have an update on this issue?

Thanks for sharing. Really like the forum

izogfif

There is another topic related to similar issue:
http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1483
Try installing TeamViewer version 6.

sewru

OK just solved my problem. There was a program running in the background which caused the problems for the local communications between teamviewer.exe and the service.
Disabled it. And everything was up and running again.

Thanks...

ERS

what program was running?

Loshmi

I got the similar issue. I have a computer at my home and i am using teamviewer to controll something that it is doing from my work place. It used to work just fine but today it just won't connect when i use remote control. The interesting thing is that file transfer works!!! I managed to get a file copied from the machine at my work to the machine at my house (remote machine) and vice versa.
But when i try remote control i get asked for a password, i enter the password as i always have but nothing happens, teamviewer just gets minimized and nothing. When i try again it says something like 'there already exists a connection'. I tried doing that tens of times but to no avail. Interesting thing is that when i kill teamviewer and start it again, and it gives me a message 'that was a free sponsored connection...' As if teamviewer thinks that everything is ok.

I have win7 64 bit on both machines. Teamviewer version is 7.0.12979.

chmedly

I'm having this same problem but with a mac computer ( running 10.6.8 ) and teamviewer 8.  Not quite sure how to trouble shoot it.  The machine I've tried to connecting to is headless so it's a little complicated.  But, another piece of the puzzle, is that it did not connect with Apple's screensharing either.    Might be locking up except I think the server running on is still going.  I'll report back if I have more trouble. 

JohannaTB

I'm having the same problem as described above by several others, good description given further up:
"But when i try remote control i get asked for a password, i enter the password as i always have but nothing happens, teamviewer just gets minimized and nothing. When i try again it says something like 'there already exists a connection'. I tried doing that tens of times but to no avail. Interesting thing is that when i kill teamviewer and start it again, and it gives me a message 'that was a free sponsored connection...' As if teamviewer thinks that everything is ok."

I've looked through a number of threads here but there seems to be no solution so far. Or did I miss the one thread where a solution is explained? I came across the message of a poster who wrote more or less "all clear now, conflicting program, stopped it and now it works" but the poster never answered the question of another poster, what program he had been referring to....

I've got
- desktop computer (location1) with windows XP, teamviewer 8 and
- laptop (location2) with windows 7 and teamviwer 8
both are protected by Kaspersky

I usually connect from laptop to desktop computer to access one or the other file. When the desktop computer shows the above described symptoms I will check it the next day: No error message, everything runs normal, including teamviewer. I reboot it and when I try next time it will work. Until it happens again.... preferrably over weekend....

So far, it never happend when I connected from desktop computer (XP) to laptop (Win7).

I wonder if somebody has identified one or the other "usual suspect", programms or combinations (e.g. XP - Win7) that teamviewer doesn't like to see....

Ideas, hints would be appreciated....

annursi

Me too. My problems is actually the same like JohannaTB. I also use PC (XP) - laptop (Windows 7) pairing using Teamviewer 8. Well, I think the problem only occurred after i update my win 7 with the regular security updates. Somehow, I think maybe the new security updates has partially block the connection from win7 to XP. Just my lucky guest though

anything