Author Topic: TV9 - Remote display breaks up.  (Read 5579 times)

TeamMike

TV9 - Remote display breaks up.
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
I had a problem with Teamviewer 9 today, wondered if anyone else had the same.  I went to help a friend and her display on teamviewer broke up.  I tested on another machine here at my house and the same thing happen.

I'm running PCLinuxOS KDE32 (fresh install) and updated as of today, just before testing.

When I first connect to the other machine a normal display.

Try to open a folder and the screen breaks up.

Anyone else report the same problem, and possible fix?

TeamMike

Re: TV9 - Remote display breaks up.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
Tried the same test but using my Android tablet.  Again on the android when I open a folder on the user machine, the screen on the android gets messed up.  Thought I should add this to the thread.

Submitted a ticket to TV staff.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:02:43 PM by TeamMike »

TeamMike

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »
Tried to fix this via a suggestion from Texstar on PCLinuxOS forums (from Software Announcements):

x11-driver-video-intel-2.99.907 update info
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »
The intel video driver has been updated to 2.99.907. This driver has a new acceleration method used in newer intel chipsets. If you have an older chipset video card and the xorg server is bouncing you back to the login screen, you may want to enable the older uxa accelMethod.

To use the old uxa accelMethod add the following line highlighted in bold to your /etc/X11/xorg.config file (requires root privileges to edit) and restarting.

Section "Device"
    Identifier "device1"
    VendorName "Intel Corporation"
    BoardName "Intel 810 and later"
    Driver "intel"
    Option "DPMS"
    Option      "AccelMethod"  "uxa"
EndSection

This fixed linux to linux with Dell "Optiplex GX620" to Dell "Optiplex 745"
Also fixed android to linux with Dell "Optiplex GX620".
But on exit from Teamview on with android to Dell "Optiplex 745" caused the 745 screen to flicker and had to shut it down.

Was able to test linux / windows connection and it worked great me to partner, and partner to me.

I did notice that after the session with android I had to resize my taskbar and folder, as android display changed their sizes.  But that was a small problem compared to screen displays being off as described eariler.

TeamMike

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »
I did notice that after the session with android I had to resize my taskbar and folder, as android display changed their sizes.  But that was a small problem compared to screen displays being off as described eariler.

Fix this problem by adjusting setting on Android, go to "Input method" > "Touch interactions" > "Screen resolution" and check "Don't Change" rather than "Best fit."

anything