TeamViewer Forum
October 31, 2014, 10:35:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the Teamviewer forums, a group of Teamviewer users here to help each other.
We hope that you can contribute and help support this great tool ! 
Start with a post in our forums and ask or answer a question.
                      Then...if you are having an issue:
Its always worth submitting a direct ticket: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/createticket.aspx
You can post questions to the Teamviewer Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/teamviewer
Please report back any response you get !

If you have issues registering (do not email tecnical support questions) Contact us: teamviewerforum (at) (g) mail (dot) com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Protocol negotiation failed- error.  (Read 18537 times)
Statler

« on: August 24, 2011, 08:47:05 AM »

When trying to connect to my partner PC, I get most of the times the error message "Protocol negotiation failed. Please, try again." My PC is running on Windows 7 / TV 6.0.11052, the partner PC on Windows XP.

I have checked solutions mentioned in the two earlier threads. None of them worked.

Any ideas? Thanks!

TeamViewer

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »

HI,
can you please send your TeamViewer logfiles to support@teamviewer.com? Our support-team will check them and try to solve the problem.
Regards
Inga, TeamViewer

This is no official support forum being supervised by TeamViewer. To get official support, please visit http://teamviewer.com/help or send an email to support@teamviewer.com.

You could also find us on twitter: http://twitter.com/teamviewer and facebook: http://facebook.com/teamviewer
Statler

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »

Hello Inga,

I can send you the logfiles of my computer but not of my partner PC. I will be at the physical location of my partner PC and then send them over to you.

Thank you very much!
djshreve

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 01:17:16 PM »

I'm having similar issues. I have 5 computers. 4 work great but there is one that is very hard to connect to or I keep getting the same error. I can log into the 4 other computers from the the problem computer with no issues its just when trying to log on to this one computer from any of the other four is the problem.

2 PC's are Vista and 3 are XP. The problem one is XP.

I can send log files, just let me know from which computer(s) and how to do it.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:19:29 PM by djshreve » Logged
vizyonok

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »

I'm having similar issues. I have 5 computers. 4 work great but there is one that is very hard to connect to or I keep getting the same error. I can log into the 4 other computers from the the problem computer with no issues its just when trying to log on to this one computer from any of the other four is the problem.

2 PC's are Vista and 3 are XP. The problem one is XP.

I can send log files, just let me know from which computer(s) and how to do it.

Thanks!

I have totally the same stupid situation. It is exactly the same problem, but I got the following devices:
1 XP Home
2 XP Professional
1 XP Server
2 Win7
1 Android client

And the problem is with XP Server. I cannot be connected TO XP Server sometimes, and sometimes I can. But I can connect to any PC FROM XP Server anytime.
What is interesting: Firewall on XP Server is turned OFF and it is located in the same local network with 1 XP Professional and 2 Win7, which works great.

I already sent my log files to your tech support, but they couldn't find anything wrong in logs.
What could be the problem?
djshreve

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 05:10:48 PM »

i think it has something to do with hibernating your computer. At least that seemed to fix it for me, i don't hibernate my pc at night anymore but instead put it in standby mode and so far so good.
vizyonok

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 07:08:49 PM »

Do you mean not to hibernate that "problem" PC?
I never hibernate and standby that PC, because it is our database server and it is always online. I also reinstalled TeamViewer there several times, but nothing helps.
Statler

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 07:26:36 AM »

I updated the teamviewer software on the computer with XP, it seems it was a few months outdated. I have access to the computer now all the time and it works fine.

Thanks to the support team for not giving up on me Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: