TeamViewer Forum
November 28, 2014, 06:38:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the Teamviewer forums, a group of Teamviewer users here to help each other.
We hope that you can contribute and help support this great tool ! 
Start with a post in our forums and ask or answer a question.
                      Then...if you are having an issue:
Its always worth submitting a direct ticket: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/createticket.aspx
You can post questions to the Teamviewer Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/teamviewer
Please report back any response you get !

If you have issues registering (do not email tecnical support questions) Contact us: teamviewerforum (at) (g) mail (dot) com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting .tvs to another format?  (Read 7238 times)
SockPuppetRemote

« on: January 25, 2012, 07:38:18 AM »

I am surprised a search turns up nothing of slightest use on this subject.   Huh
Surely others have use to convert the TeamViewer recorded session .tvs file to another format. 
Anyone have some info on how this may be done? 
Any info on converting the .tvs file format to any other video format would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks
pingram3541

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:51 AM »

I was too.  They are using a pretty good compression method and the tvs files can be sent via email very easily.  I've tried a bunch of conversion formats/codecs (which you can access in V7 from the top menu during playback), but the file sizes are just way too big.  I just tell whoever needs to view them to install a free copy of teamviewer to play it back.  Maybe the open source vlc player will add support for tvs files in the near future thus removing the need for conversion in most cases and keeping the size small.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: