Author Topic: keeps logging me out  (Read 27974 times)

Danl

keeps logging me out
« on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:54 AM »
I'm using iMac 10.6.8 to control a remote Win7 machine. Has worked extremely well. But just today, it's started doing something different. When I close the TeamViewer connection, and then reconnect, I'm now facing a login screen instead of my desktop screen. TeamViewer has evidently told Win7, or the Win 7 system has decided, to log out when the TeamViewer connection closes. Now, this is just an inconvenience, because it takes just a few seconds to log back in, but why has this changed?? There were a couple of automatic Win7 updates done, and I have to suspect it has something to do with that.

Danl

Re: keeps logging me out
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 07:26:48 AM »
P.S. I should say that restarting the Win7 system doesn't help, and when I'm thrown back on the login screen it's the login screen just for the account that I was working in. Not the login screen where you have to select which account you want to be in.

matt

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »
On the windows machine, under extras >> options >> security
there is a section 'Rules for connections to this computer' and then 'Windows logon'. What is yours set to?

Danl

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »
It's set to "Allowed for all users" , as it had been.

But ...

Everything seems to work now. When I finished, I complained to the person local to the Windows machine. They were having troubles with it themselves, and finally got to the point they couldn't even log on. That called for cycling power, which they did, and now everything is fixed. Cosmic ray, I guess.

Let me take this opportunity to ask a related question. TeamViewer8 is advertised as having a new "auto logout" feature that is supposed to increase security. "The remote computer is automatically locked instantly if the connection is closed or interrupted. This ensures that no one gains unintended access to the Mac or Windows computer you were just connected to." I was wondering if somehow that got turned on. But I'm using TV8 on both ends, and I've never seen anything like this. Many people might want want automatic logouts, but I don't. How does that work?

matt

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 03:47:52 AM »
When you connect from a Windows computer to a windows computer...

There is a TV 'bar' across the top of the screen.
Under Actions >> there is a 'lock computer' option with a sub-option 'lock on session end'

That may be your issue - this is on by default I think.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
also when "unchecking" the lock on disconnect feature, try to do it using and administrator level account on the remote machine.

Danl

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 06:22:56 AM »
Well, I started having the same problem again and, looking back at this thread, I was prompted to check the "lock computer" option under "Actions". Yep. That was it. The "Lock on session end" was checked. Now I can't for the life of me understand how it got checked when it seemed not to be checked for so long (no, I don't believe it is checked by default), or how it managed to get unchecked when power got cycled. So I unchecked it, and everything is back to normal.

Many thanks for pointing that out! If it happens again, I'll know exactly where to look.

anything