Author Topic: How to change ID in a cloned Ubuntu?  (Read 6619 times)

EmilyHartwood

How to change ID in a cloned Ubuntu?
« on: July 28, 2014, 01:44:56 AM »
Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, I hope someone can help me since I think TeamViewer is a great program and I want to continue offering it to my customers.

The question is that we sell computers with an ubuntu system (kubuntu x64). We have a "master" disk image that we restore via Clonezilla to all the computers, and one of the programs we provide to our customers is Teamviewer 9 for their personal use.

I have notice that ID remains the same in all cloned systems, so it's a real problem and we need a method to make every cloned system get a new ID. ¿How can we do this?

I've read some solutions over the internet but none of them works.

Many thanks in advance

EmilyHartwood

Re: How to change ID in a cloned Ubuntu?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:26:10 PM »
Anyone can help me?

Regards

matt

EmilyHartwood

Re: How to change ID in a cloned Ubuntu?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:33:17 AM »
Many thanks for the reply, Matt, but I'm not using virtual machines and I can't change que MAC on the NIC.

Does any easier way exist? I mean, deleting some configuration folder, since having to uninstall teamviewer and reinstall in all the machines is not an easy task, the ideal is an easy way to make every cloned installation get a new ID when Teamviewer starts by fist time.

I clone this Linux installation few times per week. I want to use teamviewer but if there is not a quick way to do it I'll have to look for an alternative :(

Regards and thanks again