Author Topic: Cannot connect pc to android remotely  (Read 15566 times)

patricio

Cannot connect pc to android remotely
« on: September 04, 2014, 06:20:14 AM »
I would like to control my android tablet from my pc win7.

Connects to partner in chat mode ok.
 When I try and connect remotely when I select accept from my tablet I get the message - your partner rejected your connection request. Any help would be grateful. Thanks Patricio

mcramer

Re: Cannot connect pc to android remotely
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:23:06 AM »
I am having the identical issue. I've installed TeamViewer on my Win 8 PC and have QuickSupport installed on my Android device. I'm able to connect the two devices and pass messages back and forth (actually, it would appear that most everything works), but when I click "Remote control" on the PC and then "Accept" on the Android device, the PC gets the message "Your partner rejected your connection request."

Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks!

mcramer

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 09:30:00 PM »
I have an update - I got this working no problem with LG D-520, however, I'm still unable to get it to work with my Asus Nexus 7. I noticed that when I installed QuickSupport on the LG I got a message about requiring an add-on for remote control to work, so I installed it. I did not, however, get any such message for the Nexus, so I'm thinking that it shouldn't require one. That being said, I have no idea how to get this to work.

kalizec

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:21:25 AM »
I've encountered this issue as well.

My Nexus 5 rejects Remote Control connections with 1 exception...

The first time the app is run after an install it will allow remote control 10 out of 10 times.

Later times it won't.

My best guess as to the cause is that it has something to do with rooting.
The app seems to request root-permissions the first time. And works regardless of my choice there.
But once I give it those permissions (or deny them) it'll stop working. Maybe because it stops asking?

Khanage

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 06:04:00 AM »
I've encountered this issue as well.

My Nexus 5 rejects Remote Control connections with 1 exception...

The first time the app is run after an install it will allow remote control 10 out of 10 times.

Later times it won't.

My best guess as to the cause is that it has something to do with rooting.
The app seems to request root-permissions the first time. And works regardless of my choice there.
But once I give it those permissions (or deny them) it'll stop working. Maybe because it stops asking?

Definitely has to do with rooting. After reading your comment/suggestion, I went to SuperSU and delete TeamViewerQS then it worked.
I guess we would have to delete it from SuperSU everytime if we want to remote control.

anything