Author Topic: V11 Session/Idle Timeout  (Read 33729 times)

RFick73

V11 Session/Idle Timeout
« on: November 12, 2015, 05:33:36 PM »
Ever since upgrading to the V11Beta, my sessions have been getting disconnected due to Idle Session Timeout.
I am unable to find where to change this timeout amount.
V10 allowed me to pretty much keep my sessions open for days on end.
I am typically using this session on my own local LAN and as a KVM more then anything.

Where do I change the timeout amount in the newer V11Beta?

ShadowIce

Re: V11 Session/Idle Timeout
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 10:52:33 AM »
You can change that in the options (under Advanced Options, scroll down until you see a slider).

RFick73

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 12:05:17 PM »
I checked on both the Client on mine & the one on the remote machine I'm connecting to.

The "Timing out inactive session" is turned off.
I can set it up as high as 8 hours, but I would assume that Off would allow for longer than 8 hours?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:37:16 PM by RFick73 »

ShadowIce

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:57:50 AM »
Yes, "off" should disable it. AFAIK there's another session timeout when you don't have a license that happens after 2 hours or so. If you connect using the IP of the other PC that should not happen though.

RFick73

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »
The 2 hour non-licensed timeout is new as I rarely used to get disconnected from my PC it would often stay connected for days I'm sure.
I was unaware that you could use the IP, each machine I place the client on shows up in my list & I simply click on it.
Although from what I read, that option can only be used in the full version?

ShadowIce

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:33:09 AM »
Connecting to IPs only works in the full version and you need to enable it in the option (General -> Incoming LAN connections). And you also can't add the IPs to the list last time I checked.

xenon2000

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »
I upgraded to 11 final (now that is no longer beta), version 11.0.52456 Nov 30, 2015. And I will be actively using it and it will just close and say "Your Teamviewer session has timed out and will be closed."

I am a free home user. And I didn't have this issue with Version 10. And I don't see a way to change this. So are people saying there is now a 2 hour connection limit to free users?

Geoffs Granny

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »
The "Session timeout!" is very annoying with the free version 11. This did not happen with all the earlier versions. There is no information about this new timeout feature.

Setting "timing out inactive sessions" to off on the client and host does not do what it is supposed to do. That must be either a bug or something that needs proper explanation on the menu.

Should I go back to version 10 and ignore all future versions?

mrjunheng

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »
Yeah I've run into this issue as well. Teamviewer 11.0.52465 disconnects me every two hours or so and gives me the "Session timeout!" popup.

I'm connecting to my home server and I would prefer to leave the terminal open when I'm working for long periods. This never happened with Teamviewer 10 so its either a undisclosed feature of 11 or a bug. I've contacted their customer support but they said they haven't been able to replicate the problem on their side.

I'm surprised there isn't more reports on this.

captainnapalm

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 10:56:48 PM »
Registered for the forums to log my displeasure with this "feature". As others have stated, I'm using this on my LAN to connect to my home server. V10 would allow days worth of connection, but now it won't stay connected longer than a few hours (I've never checked the actual amount of time, only that it seems to be timed out every time I come back to do something with it).

The only thing I can think of is that maybe with the new settings on the main app screen for setting up Unattended Access, you may need to check the "Grant easy access"? Not sure, but if that works, I'll report back.

mrjunheng

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 08:19:08 AM »
Registered for the forums to log my displeasure with this "feature". As others have stated, I'm using this on my LAN to connect to my home server. V10 would allow days worth of connection, but now it won't stay connected longer than a few hours (I've never checked the actual amount of time, only that it seems to be timed out every time I come back to do something with it).

The only thing I can think of is that maybe with the new settings on the main app screen for setting up Unattended Access, you may need to check the "Grant easy access"? Not sure, but if that works, I'll report back.

I'd like to hear how that went for you. I tried it enabling that setting but no luck. I also reinstalled Teamviewer on both machines.

theles

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 12:52:38 PM »
Hi guys!

Just like almost everyone, I use the Teamviewer as a KVM in my house to share one monitor between  two notebooks.

I registered to say that the same problem occour to me. After 2:45m, more or less, the Teamviewer11 simply disconnected the session. And, I resolved it with three simple steps:

1 - Uninstall the V11
2 - Download the V10 (oficial https://www.teamviewer.com/pt/download/dyngate.aspx)
3 - Reinstall the V10

I also take this opportunity to go in Advanced Settings and disable completely the updates or reminders of it!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:40:05 PM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
Hi guys!

Just like almost everyone, I use the Teamviewer as a KVM in my house to share one monitor between  two notebooks.

I registered to say that the same problem occour to me. After 2:45m, more or less, the Teamviewer11 simply disconnected the session. And, I resolved it with three simple steps:

1 - Uninstall the V11
2 - Download the V10 (oficial https://www.teamviewer.com/pt/download/dyngate.aspx)
3 - Reinstall the V10

I also take this opportunity to go in Advanced Settings and disable completely the updates or reminders of it!

Cheers!
Thanks for that theless !

captainnapalm

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 10:33:41 AM »

I'd like to hear how that went for you. I tried it enabling that setting but no luck. I also reinstalled Teamviewer on both machines.

It didn't work.  >:(

meltingsmoke

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 10:27:45 AM »
Yeah it's definitely new, and can't be disabled as a free user. I don't even really mind that so much if it was made known that is the reason for the annoyance. There's nothing in the popup or settings to indicate it only affects free users, in fact there is a timeout setting in advanced that suggests we can turn it off, but that doesn't affect it which i find counter productive. I didn't see anything in the change notes about this, and one of the things I hate is undocumented features lol.

I'm not a paying user so I can't complain about the added timeout, it's an annoyance intended to get people to start paying, makes sense. I just wish it was more upfront about it, like something in the notice that said we'd stop doing this if you paid us ^_*

I don't need most of the features of the latest version, and it's not that I use team viewer all day but I prefer to just stay logged in with a minimized window so I can look at a remote PC once in a while and its annoying to keep having to connect back to it all the time. So i'll probably just downgrade back to v10, I don't use it enough to pay for it or need the new version enough to suffer the session timeout change. It does it even if i'm actually using the session, which it's hard to think of something more annoying when you are in the middle of something.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:30:19 AM by meltingsmoke »

anything