Author Topic: Content.IE5 Folder  (Read 1171 times)

nla

Content.IE5 Folder
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:13:07 AM »
I just noticed that there are 4 folders containing 500,000 files in the below folder
.teamviewer/6/drive_c/users/col/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/
I am using Teamviewer 6 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Can I simply delete them?
Thanks

nla

Re: Content.IE5 Folder
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 03:25:23 AM »
I sent Teamviewer an email about this, and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting TeamViewer.
Yes, go ahead and delete them. Those are just temporary internet files.

Kamcoar

Content IE5 Folder
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 01:25:09 AM »
Hello Osmos community...

Im a steam user and Ive noticed before that several steam games store their save files in various non-standard locations, the most frustrating being the "Documents" or "My Documents" folder on Windows and now Mac operating systems.  Configuration and save files should be stored in Application Data or AppData, the location set aside for use by applications and used my Microsoft, Adobe, Mozilla, etc..  The documents folder should only be used by the user for user-generated content.  The user should have complete control over the content and organization of the documents folder, which means there shouldnt be any automatically generated content there.  Another alternative is to use the steamapps/common/game folder.

Why does Osmos need to create a folder in My Documents for screenshots, stats, and config files?  Can this be moved to an AppData folder?

Thanks

anything