Author Topic: QuickSupport Causes TeamViewer Abend On PC  (Read 10975 times)

PeteCress

QuickSupport Causes TeamViewer Abend On PC
« on: October 30, 2013, 07:28:33 AM »
Connecting to a Samsung N7000 from a PC running Windows XP SP3 and TeamViewer 8.0.22298, QuickSupport on the N7000 throws the "Allow remote support?" dialog.

But when I click "Allow", TeamViewer on the PC opens a window for about a tenth of a second and then abends.

OTOH, I can connect to my Samsung 10" Note from the same PC with no problem.

I have uninstalled and re-installed QuickSupport on the N7000, but no change.

??

PeteCress

Re: QuickSupport Causes TeamViewer Abend On PC
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:38:42 PM »
I can't figure out how to edit my original post (there's no "Modify" tab on it - although there is a "Modify" tab on this post), so here goes....

FWIW, I just tried TeamViewer QuickSupport on another Samsung device (a Galaxy Tab3) and am getting the same thing: PC instance of TeamViewer abends upon establishing a connection.

One more time, though, it's working A-OK on my Samsung 10.1" Note (N8013).

Late-Breaking News:

I just fired up the full-on TeamViewer app on my 10' tablet.  v8.0.1432 CL.

Was able to connect to a couple of PCs running TeamViewer 8, no problem.

But when I tried to connect to the N7000 Note and the Tab3, it threw a "Incompatible TeamViewer versions" dialog.  

Didn't abend... just threw the dialog.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:53:00 PM by PeteCress »

PeteCress

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:51:20 PM »

PeteCress

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »
But when I tried to connect to the N7000 Note and the Tab3, it threw a "Incompatible TeamViewer versions" dialog.  

Didn't abend... just threw the dialog.
What is it with the "Modify" tabs on this forum?   Never had one on my OP, had one on the first follow-up - but now it's gone....

Anyhow...

I wanted to note that the Samsung Tab3 is totally stock - right out of the box, except for Nova Launcher, which is also running on the 10" tablet that works.   No root, no special ROM, no nothing......   Ditto the 5" Note except that it's rooted.... but the Tab3 is *not* rooted... it's right out of the box.

anything