Author Topic: File Transfer Problems  (Read 40590 times)

ronnoi

File Transfer Problems
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:32:44 AM »
I am a new member for Teamviewer. I thought that I had configured everything OK but when I try and access or move a file or access to a folder on my partners pc, I keep getting a message, ' The access was denied because the specified directory is not public'.
Does anyone out there have an answer to this. I have everything open for FULL ACCESS.

ERS

Re: File Transfer Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:21:49 PM »
what directory are you trying to transfer from/to  have you tried a transfer form say desktop to desktop just to test?

ronnoi

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 11:23:12 PM »
When I click on any file I want to transfer it wont let me and just keeps repeating 'The access was denied because the specified directory is not public'.

RCA

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 04:20:35 PM »
Try starting from the root directory.

When you initially click on File Transfer and the window pops up, you will notice you are in the MyDocs folder or similar. Click the Drives (top right looks like a house) button and start with the Drive and root down to whatever folder you want.

kevinwoods

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »
Is this on a Mac? If so i have exactly the same issue
I have sent off the log files to TeamViewer to analyze.  So far have heard nothing,  but if i do i will post back here
Kevin

deleyd

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:24:48 AM »
Move the file you want to transfer to a public directory, such as C:\Users\Public

yonyon

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:04:40 AM »
My God - it worked !!!!
thanks a lot !!!!
(moving the source file to c:\users\public) :) :) :) :)

grodriguezg

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »
in the file transfer window, change to a valid address in the remote computer....it gave me the error because of addrees bad.
Bad address: /home\user\dir
Correct address: \home\user\dir

drdumont

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
I've read this thread, and it does not address the basic problem. I have several drives from which I need to
transfer files using TeamViewer. Indeed, I just transferred some files from a folder on this one drive. No problem. Then I switched to another folder on the drive and transferred a subfolder. No problem. Now when I try to transfer other sub folders I get the "Not a public folder" message.
So why is it that d:\movies\Gone With The Wind transfer OK, D:\Movies\Cheers\Episode 1 transfers OK, but D:\Movies\Cheers\Episode2 (or 3, or 4, etc) not transfer? I can easily transfer them from machine to machine on my home network, but not with TeamViewer. And of course there isno way I am gonna move files into the Windows "public" folder first, then use TeamViewer, then delete the duplicate folders.
What could possibly be the stumbling block?

By the way, it seems to be a random problem from drive to drive and folder/subfolder to folder.

Thanks,
-- Doc