Author Topic: Is there a way to not have the teamviewer icon in the dock?  (Read 42025 times)

mattyf

Is there a way to not have the teamviewer icon in the dock?
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »
I do want it always running, but I'd rather not see it in the dock. Is this possible?

matt

Re: Is there a way to not have the teamviewer icon in the dock?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
I don't believe so (and to do so may well be considered illegal in some situations)

What happens when you run unattended access?

AmandaBourbois

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
How would it be illegal? In Windows, it doesn't appear in the taskbar unless a TeamViewer window is open. It's only in the system tray. On OSX, it shows up in both the menu bar (sort of the Mac equivalent of the system tray) AND in the dock, even when there are no TeamViewer windows open. Plenty of other apps that run in the background only show up in the menu bar, and some of them give you the option to show the dock icon or not. Hiding the icon wouldn't have to be the default behavior.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:00:45 AM by AmandaBourbois »

RichmondBC

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 09:16:35 PM »
I would very much like to hide TeamViewer from the dock as well. The system tray icon should be enough, and would mirror the Windows version. It is so obnoxious taking up a large portion of the dock when all we want is unattended access.

jmvioque

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 08:53:13 AM »
Hi all,

Is there an option, on OS X you can hide any dock icon as you can see here http://goo.gl/lxadak.
There was an app for that too, actually appears to be discontinued, but you can found it here http://goo.gl/5b3ouk
Hopefully Teamviewer has a settings access from tray-icon, the bad thing of hide dock icons is that also hide the menu bar options...

Hope it helps

Jose M.

polocanada

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 07:12:02 AM »
Yes, this is necessary to fix. The dock is not place to park icons I don't use to open the applications if they are just running in background. TM should provide an option to uncheck the dock icon, and fine - if you need admin rights to do that, that's OK. But it should be possible to hide it.
Dockdodger and Dockless work mostly, but sometimes don't, in case of Teamviewer, it doesn't work because TM interacts with the system on deeper level and if it detects the dock icon is hidden, it won't start (probably it checks the checksum or something and reports the application to be forged)
Anyways, we have a corporate license (about $4k) and same issues, so I wish TM addresses this.
Thanks.

Patrick Nance

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 07:09:33 PM »
This topic should be kept alive.  The Teamviewer staff should address this.  It is an issue for all OS X users.

KevinHaghighat

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 10:15:43 AM »
OMG! I thought I was the only one annoyed by that dock icon.  It's already in the top notification area by the clock on my mac, so why also show up in the dock!?!

Devs, please fix this.

irnerd

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »
If you install Team Viewer Host it removes the Team Viewer icon from the dock and only shows an icon in the menu bar, the application is also removed from the Mac application switcher (command + tab).

I don't know if you can hide the connection window in the host application that pops up so local users know when a remote connection is made.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:05:34 PM by irnerd »

Yoshitslc

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 04:16:01 AM »
I just registered on this board only for THAT issue, it's unbelievable that there is now no solution and nobody give a damn for what is just a waste of space.

FREE THE DOCK FROM YOUR UGLY ICON !

PROTEST !

RIOT !

saber007

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »
I just registered on this board only for THAT issue, it's unbelievable that there is now no solution and nobody give a damn for what is just a waste of space.

FREE THE DOCK FROM YOUR UGLY ICON !

PROTEST !

RIOT !

Yep me to. Really Really annoying.
Needs to be fixed.

ccstv11

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 07:00:21 AM »
Has this been fixed? I to need to remove it from the dock and I need to find the option "Disable TeamViewer shutdown" like it is on windows pc. These stupid people get into stuff around here and disable or quite teamviewer

DerekErb

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 02:54:47 AM »
I too signed up in these forums specifically looking for a way to get rid of the icon in the dock.

LogMeIn doesn't do this.
Dropbox doesn't do this.
Adobe Creative Cloud doesn't do this.
LastPass doesn't do this.
many others do not do this

There is no valid reason for TeamViewer to appear in both the System Tray (above) and in the Dock

This needs to be fixed and it is amazing that this has been a noted bug for years!

frm1001xplrr

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »
Agree with everyone! The persistent Teamviewer icon in the dock is unnecessary and duplicative, as the program is already represented in the menu bar(system tray).

Hey @TeamViewer, yall should *at least* add an option to hide the persistent dock icon, "app running dot" and all >:(
, though prefereably, just show the icon in the menu bar like other non greedy daemons ;)

Cheers

RoyalAces

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 11:09:52 AM »
Is there still no resolution for this??? :( :( :(