Author Topic: save resolution for a machine?  (Read 4951 times)

tomrip

save resolution for a machine?
« on: December 30, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »
hello, i have an old machine i use as a media player. it has no monitor, so i installed teamviewer on it, and use our ipad mini to control it. For me this is not an issue, but it cause problems for the kids. when you connect to player, the screen resolution is not right, it takes up like a quarter of the ipad screen. if i go to properties and set do not change, it fills the screen. is there a way to start teamviewer with do not change resolution as default, and with out the blade sticking otu on the bottom right? Also there is some noticeable lag. the wifi is across the house. do you think i would be better running nan access point in the room? If l login to media machine fro ma computer, there is no lag at all. I also wanted to say thank you, casue even with the problems i mentioned, this application is amazing. also, i wanted to add i was not wantig nto hide the blades, just make them start minimized so you dont have to slide it over to the right. i have no issue with them being there. they are just hard to move on our ipad.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:22:34 PM by tomrip »

matt

Re: save resolution for a machine?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »
from the ipad do you access this machine from a list in 'computers and contacts' or do you simply enter the TV id?

In computers and contacts you can set these type of defaults

square_eyes

Re: save resolution for a machine?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 07:42:56 PM »
This is not available, that I can see in my OSX client app. It's frustrating to have to resize the resolution to native every time. What's worse is TV flags the native resolution in the view dropdown, but chooses another.

See my attachment showing the selected resolution and a hyphen by the native resolution. When checking Computers and Contacts -> Right Click -> Properties, I see no such setting to select a preferred stating resolution.

I would have an attachment but first it complained about the size, then it told me "Cannot access attachments upload path!" after I compressed it from PNG to jpg. Sigh.