Author Topic: Disable clipboard sync while in-session  (Read 17217 times)

adante

Disable clipboard sync while in-session
« on: July 01, 2015, 10:22:31 PM »
Hi,

I often do a lot of work on remote machines that occasionally involves manipulating large amounts of Excel data. One thing I normally find is when I copy and paste (with the intention of pasting within the remote machine - ie i do not need to share the clipboard), teamviewer attempts to sync this with my machine which usually crashes/freezes excel and/or kills the teamviewer connection.

Normally what I have to do is disconnect from the teamview session, set my options to disable clipboard sync, reconnect and perform the copy/paste, then disconnect again, set options to enable clipboard sync, and reconnect.

This is a little tiresome. I've tried simply disabling the clipboard sync while the teamview session is running but when I copy/paste large amounts of data it still jams.

So my request comes into 2 parts:

1a. Enable per-session clipboard syncing that updates live and not (presumably) on connection initiation OR
1b. Enable global clipboard syncing that updates live and not (presumably) on connection initiation

2. Add a toggle switch under the existing options (possibly in extras submenu) to enable/disable clipboard sync.

cheers!

snaggle2001

Re: Disable clipboard sync while in-session
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:30:52 PM »
My excel crashes also.
Tired 3 different versions of excel and all crash.
Re imaged PC and still crashes.
Using Teamviewer Version 11.
Issues happens when connected to client machines using TeamViewer Version 9 or 10.

Next step is to try and upgrade client machines to version 11 to see if that corrects the issue.
Have been fighting with it for 1 year.

txle

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:59 AM »
Has anyone found a solution to Excel crashing when copy/pasting lots of data?

I have some spreadsheets with at least 60,000+ Rows and 10 columns that I need to copy/paste values only sometimes.  Excel typically crashes when I do this through teamviewer, but is relatively quick on my host computer. 

I've disabled clipboard in the advanced options and set custom speed to fast.

Thanks!

Bryan

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:13:56 AM »
I'm another user who can't leave the clipboard synchronized without Excel crashing.  If I ever need to copy and paste anything between machines, I have to close Excel, close my TeamViewer connection, go into Extras --> Options -->Advanced Options and then enable clipboard synchronization, reopen TeamViewer, do my copy and paste, close TeamViewer, go back into the settings to turn off Clipboard synchronization and reopen TeamViewer again.   It's an incredible pain each and every time.

They need to either fix the issue where synchronization crashes Excel or make it easier to turn synchronization on and off.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:49:09 AM by Bryan »

anything