Author Topic: Raspberry Pi: Persistant PW?  (Read 5204 times)

PeteCress

Raspberry Pi: Persistant PW?
« on: October 31, 2016, 07:32:04 AM »
On all of my Windows machines, I have set up a password in the Properties of each connection listed in my TeamViewer account.

The password in those cases is the login PW of the OS of the machine I am connecting to and it has always worked.   i.e. the remote machine can be re-booted, changing the TeamViewer PW but preserving the Windows PW and I can still connect via TeamViewer.

OTOH on the Pi, each reboot requires that I go to the Pi, connect a monitor, and note the new TeamViewer PW - because connecting using the PI's login PW does not work.... seems like TeamViewer always needs the TeamViewer PW - making it useless for access to a physically-remote device.

There is an older thread at http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=3581.msg8202#msg8202
I can set password with "teamviewer passwd FORCEPWD" and it seems to keep OK after reboot

Tried entering sudo teamviewer passwd FORCEPWD on a Pi command line, but it seemed to hang the computer, then returned OK.

Forced a reboot and it did not seem to have had any effect.

Tried Computers & Connections | [Pi's Entry] | Advanced | Action Settings | Authentication Mode= Windows authentication , but no joy.

Hopefully I am doing something wrong ....

??
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:55:42 AM by PeteCress »

PeteCress

Re: Raspberry Pi: Persistant PW?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 11:33:06 AM »
Hopefully I am doing something wrong ....

Got it.

On the Pi's session,
  • Right-click the TeamViewer icon in the upper left of the screen.
  • Options | Security | Personal password... | Change password

anything