Author Topic: lock marker on disconnect "x"?  (Read 4613 times)

Danl

lock marker on disconnect "x"?
« on: September 20, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »
In the control bar at the top of the TV screen, there is an "x" button, at left, that disconnects. But sometimes that "x" has a padlock icon attached to it. Why? It may not be related, but I notice that when I hit that "x" (with the lock icon) to disconnect, it not only disconnects, but logs out of the account on that remote machine.

matt

Re: lock marker on disconnect "x"?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 09:53:46 PM »
I think the padlock ONLY appears when you are actually logged in to the other computer.

Danl

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:20:58 AM »
That's not what it looks like to me. I can connect to a remote computer that I am logged in on, and the X doesn't have a padlock on it. For that matter, I can connect to a remote computer that I'm not logged into, and there is no padlock.

I see that padlock occasionally, and I've never been able to understand what creates it. I gather it is some security indicator.

Danl

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »
OK, that was easy. The lock appears if "Lock on Session End" is selected. Of course, that selection seemingly happens randomly, and results in being logged out of the remote machine when the session is ended. Lots of complaints here about the fact that this gets selected randomly, and with no evident action by the user. At least now I know that when I hit the "x" to end the session, it better not have a padlock on it if I want to keep logged in on the remote end.