Author Topic: TeamViewer V10 Error: The password you have entered is invalid, please try again  (Read 15944 times)

wellison

I have a client that I have been trying to connect to for some time. No matter what we try I always receive the error "The password you have entered is invalid, please try again". We have confirmed all of the login credentials and know with 100% certainty that they are correct. What could be causing this error?

matt

Only getting either the password or the ID wrong.

Check again, get someone else to check...
:)

wellison

We have checked several times, all of the information is correct. Still receive the error. We have been working on this for a couple weeks now. Beyond frustrating. TeamViewer support is not being much help on the issue either.

matt

All I can suggest is to set a new password, or allow the temporary passwords and change them, then try again

jlandells

I'm seeing the same behaviour, and have tracked it down to the "Thank you for using Teamviewer" message box.  Until this has been closed on the target device, I can't reconnect - I get the "invalid password" error, and none of the valid passwords let me in.  However, once that box has been closed, I can connect again with the stored password.

guest12345

Bumping this thread - I have the same issue with the Mac client. Can't reconnect until someone on the target device has closed the message box.
This is a huge bug; a fix would be appreciated.

williama

I take it that this still hasn't been fixed yet?  Used teamviewer last night, then had this happen this morning.

Completely removes the whole point of using this program. :(

iansharar

Just happened to me. I know the password is right because I took a picture of it before I left.
The window must have popped up because the first time I connected successfully, but I had to update TeamViewer on this computer to continue, so it disconnected me and installed the new version.

Now I can't connect at all, invalid password smh. That really sucks.